How much do you remember about the 2014/15 season? It’s Friday so time for a bit of snooker fun. Try these 20 questions…answers at the bottom of the page.
1. “He has taught me so much about the game and been such a great influence on my career over the past ten years.” Who was Neil Robertson talking about after winning the Wuxi Classic?
2. Judd Trump’s victory at the 2014 Australian Goldfields Open brought his career total of ranking titles to how many?
3. Who made a 147 at the Paul Hunter Classic – the first player from his country to score a maximum?
4. How many 147s in all were made during the season?
5. By what scoreline did Stuart Bingham beat Mark Allen in the final of the Shanghai Masters?
6. Mark Williams knocked Ronnie O’Sullivan out of the International Championship – his first ranking event win over the Rocket in how many years?
Question 7: whose shoes?
7. Who wore these shoes at the UK Championship?
8. Who reached his first professional final at the Lisbon Open?
9. Marco Fu made the third 147 in Masters history – name the other two players to make a maximum in the event.
10. Who was runner-up at the Xuzhou Open Asian Tour event?
11. What was remarkable about the quarter-final scorelines at the German Masters?
12. Which two players got to the semi-finals of a ranking event for the first time at the Welsh Open?
Question 13: Who is this?
13. Name this player, in action at the Shoot-Out.
14. Who said this at the Grand Hyatt hotel in Mumbai, venue for the Indian Open: “I’ve had two curries a day since I’ve been here. They are the best curries I’ve ever had, better than anything back home. If my wife asks me next week if want to go for a curry, I’ll definitely have to say no.”
15. What was the name of the venue in Llandudno, host of the new World Grand Prix?
16. How much money did Joe Perry win at the Players Championship finals?
17. Where was Gary Wilson ranked at the time of his run to the final of the China Open?
18. By what scoreline did Ken Doherty beat Reanne Evans at the Betfred World Championship qualifiers?
19. Which Belgian referee took charge of the Betfred World Championship final for the first time?
20. How many century breaks were made during the final stages of the Betfred World Championship (a new record)?
1. Joe Perry
3. India’s Aditya Mehta
7. Xiao Guodong
8. Matthew Selt
9. Kirk Stevens and Ding Junhui
10. Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
11. All four matches finished 5-4
12. Luca Brecel and Ben Woollaston
13. Noppon Saengkham
14. Mark Williams
15. Venue Cymru
19. Olivier Marteel
How did you do?
17-20: World Champion
12-16: Top 16
8-11: On the Tour
4-7: Back to Q School
0-3: Use cue for firewood