Travelling Safely To The Crucible
Fans coming to the Betfred World Championship at the Crucible Theatre in Sheffield, please read this travel advice:
Safer Travel messages
• No matter how spectators travel, they should plan ahead and allow more time for their journey. They should try to travel at quieter times and take less busy routes where possible.
• If they can, spectators should walk or cycle to the event.
• Spectators should always follow safer travel guidance, no matter how they are travelling.
• If using public transport, spectators must wear a face covering unless exempt, sanitise their hands regularly and keep their distance where possible.
• If spectators are driving to the event, they should avoid sharing a car with anyone outside of their household or support bubble. If this isn’t possible, you should open the windows, wear a face covering unless exempt and leave seats free to social distance.
Transport and ERP
• Transport arrangements to and from events are being carefully considered across all events in the Events Research Programme. Event organisers are working closely with local transport stakeholders to ensure that all precautions are taken to help spectators travel safely, no matter how they choose to travel.
• Transport operators are working hard to keep passengers safe as they travel and have put in place measures including enhanced cleaning, technologies, hand sanitiser stations and social distancing signs for people to adhere to.