Kyren Wilson has taken control of Group Four of the BetVictor Championship League Snooker Invitational at the Morningside Arena in Leicester.
Scores and Standings
Wilson took the 2021 invitational title and started his defence in good form by overcoming Lu Ning 3-1 with a century and two breaks over 50. The Warrior’s rich vein of form continued to defeat Scott Donaldson 3-2 and then Judd Trump 3-2. He made it four wins from four by beating Stuart Bingham 3-1 with breaks of 134, 135, and 63.
Trump looked to be in trouble after losing to Donaldson and Bingham as well as Wilson, but bounced back in the last match of the day against Xiao Guodong to give himself a glimmer of hope for making tomorrow’s playoffs or at least moving into Group Five.
As it stands, Wilson, Selby, Donaldson, and Bingham will contest tomorrow night’s playoffs with Lu Ning in fifth, Trump and Xiao occupying the bottom two places.
Each of the seven players faces each other once in the round-robin group stage, after which the top four players in the league table progress to Thursday evening’s play-offs. The eventual group champion advances to February’s Winners’ Group with the remaining players who finished in the top five during the league phase continuing to Group Four which begins tomorrow. when three new players join the tournament. The bottom two players in each group phase are eliminated. All matches are best of five.
The tournament carries a prize fund of £205,000 with players earning £100 per frame won with significant bonuses for their final group position and increased prize money in the Winners’ Group. A place in the 2022 Cazoo Champion of Champions is also on the line with each group featuring seven players with matches being held over two days.
Group 4 continues tomorrow from 11 am on FreeSports in the UK and Ireland as well as networks worldwide. Table 2 is available globally on Matchroom.Live excluding the Nordic and Baltic regions.
Where to Watch
- Foxtel – Australia
- FreeSports – UK and Ireland
- Nova – Czech Republic & Slovakia
- NTV – Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenia, and Uzbekistan
- Sky Network – New Zealand
- SuperSport – Africa
- Sportklub – Croatia & Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Kosovo, and Slovenia
- TVP – Poland
- Viaplay – Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania
- Viaplay – Iceland
- Viaplay – Scandinavia
- Zhibo.TV – China
- Matchroom.Live – Table 1 is available exclusively to those outside of the countries listed above. Table 2 will be available live on Matchroom.Live excluding the Nordic and Baltic regions
- The tournament will also be live on betting websites around the world