The winner’s of next week’s Nongfu Spring World Cup will be a sure of a place at the Champion of Champions in Coventry in November.
With the 2015 Champion of Champions set for the Ricoh Arena, Coventry from 10th to 15th November, there are ten players so far guaranteed a place at one of snooker’s most prestigious invitational events.
Judd Trump and Ronnie O’Sullivan contested last year’s final
There is an increased prize-fund – up from £270,000 to £300,000. Defending champion Ronnie O’Sullivan and World Champ Stuart Bingham lead the list of eligible players.
Promoted by Matchroom Sport, it is the third year of snooker’s new showpiece event.
The tournament will start with a quartet of four-man groups, with the winner of each group progressing to the semi-finals. The final on Sunday November 15 will be over 19 frames.
Qualifying events take order of precedence with the 14 major tournaments on the World Snooker schedule in the first group of events. The second group comprises six European Tour events and the third group has three Asian Tour events. The final group is the three tournaments – Shoot Out, World Seniors and Six Reds – that fall outside the other three groups.
The other eight players to have qualified are Shaun Murphy, Mark Selby, John Higgins, Michael White, Judd Trump, Joe Perry, Stephen Maguire and Neil Robertson.
The forthcoming World Cup which gets underway in Wuxi, China on Monday 15th June has been added to the first group of qualifying events which means that both members of the winning pair will be guaranteed spots in the Champion of Champions.
Tickets for the Champion of Champions are on sale now and available from www.championofchampionssnooker.co.uk/tickets
Champion of Champions 2015 Qualification List
1. 2014 Champion of Champions (Nov) Ronnie O’Sullivan (1)
2. 2014 UK Championship (Dec) Ronnie O’Sullivan
3. 2015 Masters (Jan) Shaun Murphy (2)
4. 2015 German Masters (Feb) Mark Selby (3)
5. 2015 Championship League (Feb) Stuart Bingham (4)
6. 2015 Welsh Open (Feb) John Higgins (5)
7. 2015 Indian Open (March) Michael White (6)
8. 2015 World Grand Prix (March) Judd Trump (7)
9. 2015 PTC Grand Final (March) Joe Perry (8)
10. 2015 China Open (April) Mark Selby
11. 2015 World Championship (May) Stuart Bingham
12. 2015 Australian Open (Jun)
13. 2015 Shanghai Masters (Sept)
14. 2015 International Open
15. World Cup (June)
16. Ruhr Open I (Nov) Shaun Murphy
17. Lisbon Open (Dec) Stephen Maguire (9)
18. Gdynia Open (Feb) Neil Robertson (10)
19. Riga Open (July)
20. Paul Hunter Classic (Aug)
21. Ruhr Open II (Oct)
22. Asian Tour 3 (Jan) Joe Perry
23. Asian Tour 2 (Sept)
24. Asian Tour 3 (Oct)
25. Six Reds World Championship (Sept)
26. The Shoot Out (March) Michael White
27. World Seniors Championship (March) Mark Williams (11)
**All players appear subject to contract**